Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Day to Rejoice

So the last few days have been rough, to say the least. I'm not sure what exactly the root cause has been, whether it's facing my loss, fasting, lack of sleep (going to bed at 11 doesn't make for an easy 5 am wake up), lack of fluids (totally my fault. I forget to drink water!)...not sure of the cause but today has been 110% better! God is so good, people!


My morning started at four. I woke up and said, "Pleeeeease don't let it by 5:00...pleeeeeease!". Looked at my phone, only 4:00. Woo hoo! I had another hour to sleep. At 5:02, I heard some weird and foreign noise coming from beside me. "What is that?!". Ummmmm that would be my alarm!

Reluctantly got up, dressed, made myself presentable, and headed out to prayer. So glad I did! I can't tell you how thankful I am that God has drawn me there every morning. I have really needed it.


I've attended most of the morning prayer meetings, but today was special. Today, it finally hit me...I've been making my needs, my family's needs, my friend's needs my priority and my focus during my prayer and fasting. Today, I spent that hour praising God, praising Him for who He is, for His grace, His mercy, His unfailing love. Wow! I can't tell you how much better and how much more peace I've had.

God is good. He never lets us down or leaves us hanging. How great is our God?!


Ok, sorry to go on and on, but it's just been a freeing, uplifting kind of day...even though Tristan forgot his backpack, and I had to go back and get it. No worries!

Thanks for your prayers, friends. You are such a blessing. And because I love these little rascals, here's one of my favs of my littles: Pete and Repeat.
"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go..." ~Genesis 28:15