Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tuesday Morning on a Thursday Afternoon

Does your town have a Tuesday Morning? Mine does, but I often forget about it. Lately, though, it's been catching my eye. Until today, it had been about two years or so since I had been in. Since I only had one of the kids with me today, I thought it would be the perfect time to stop in and check out the merchandise.
I found some good loot and, well, some strange things. I kept finding so many unique things, I had to take out my cell phone and start taking pictures (have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy my phone? It's GREAT!). I'm pretty sure my fellow shoppers (and the workers in the store) thought I was pretty weird, but I didn't care.
Check out my finds:

First, I'll show you a couple of things I liked. For instance, this dress was super cute! The picture doesn't do it justice. For those Bama fans out there, this houndstooth coat has a super cute a-line button dress beneath it and a hat (I don't really dig the hat, but I know it's in style right now. I've seen it everywhere). I would have gotten it for my Rhi, but the smallest they had was like a 3T or something. Another good find were these acrylic pitchers and cups. They had a few teams represented but none that I cared about it. I was able to lead a friend to a Tennessee pitcher, so that was good....I think. She was pleased, anyway. This is an Ole Miss set. Now on to the strange. Let's start with the dolls. First off, these Juicy Couture dolls. This pack of dolls costs $50! Seriously, $50. I'm sorry, but $50 for a couple of Barbies seems crazy! They are very pretty, though. :)Then I found this Boho Barbie. She and her packaging just looked strange to me.This Barbie really disturbed me. It is Little Red Riding Hood Barbie (an official Barbie). Ok, um, is it just me or is she way too sexy to be a Barbie for LITTLE GIRLS?!? Check her out. Her outfit is incredibly revealing. Her pose is too much, and the wolf....oh my! She should be called Little Red Riding Hooker, not Hood.A recurring theme for the dolls in Tuesday Morning, as I noticed today...hair nets. I saw so many dolls, like this one, with hair nets on. Is it just me, or is this strange? I've never bought (or seen before today) a doll with a hair net. Maybe they all work in restaurants?Here's another one with a hair net. Actually it's a whole head net.Then I found these shoes. The picture says it all, doesn't it? I mean, bright yellow fuzzy croc-ish shoes. Does it get any cooler than that?
Finally, my favorite find. The ENORMOUS remote control. I'm not kidding, people. This thing was H-U-G-E! The picture does not do it justice. I wish I had measured it next to my arm or something. I don't know if you can tell from the couple pictured at the bottom of the box, but there is no way this remote is getting lost. It's almost as big as an actual t.v.! Who wants a remote that big?!? I guess someone elderly who can't see the buttons, but check out the couple on the box. They're not old. What gives?So that's what I found today. It was quite entertaining. I'm so glad I stopped in! :)
Stay tuned for Thursday's Random Thoughts. I have them ready and am hoping to find a minute to type them out. Will I find the time? Only time will tell, I guess!

3 comments:

shlane said...

Okay, those dolls are seriously scary. There is a reason these items are at that store. Did you find anything worth buying in there?

But seriously, I love the remote. I can't think of a better way to watch tv than cuddled up on the couch with my Snuggie and Jumbo Remote. Add a Clapper in the equation and you have pure bliss.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!! I haven't been to a Tuesday Morning in forever, but I'm inspired to find one now!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Let me tell you, we had that remote at our rented beach house and it was hilarious! Everytime we looked at it/ changed the channel someone got a good laugh. They are good for that!
And I love the Little Red Riding Hooker- so funny. Seriously, I think those nets are for keeping the precious hair down- or work in the food industry as you pointed out. Either or.