Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday's Random Thoughts

Good day! I can't believe it, but it's already Thursday. The last week and a half has kind of been a whirlwind, but now I'm back and ready to share my crazy random thoughts. So, here goes:
Last week at church, since I was so big and pregnant, I did a lot of sitting on a bench outside the auditorium, waiting for Channing. While I was sitting there, I did a lot of people watching. One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of girls and women who wear really really tall pencil heels, yet have no idea how to walk in them. I saw several girls and women who could barely walk and looked like their feet were killing them. It was pretty funny. I mean, isn't the point of those type of shoes to look 'hot'? It's hard to look hot when you're about to fall down. Just sayin'...

Over the past couple of days, I've seen some commercials for RentaCenter. Guess who their big celebrity endorser is? Magic Johnson. I wonder how it feels to go from getting big bucks for endorsing products like Nike, Reebok, Wheaties, to going to RentaCenter. It's gotta sting a little, right?

My sweet Rhiannon has the most perfectly shaped head. My boys definitely sported their cones for a good week, at least. Not Rhiannon, she came into the world with a perfect head. Lesson? Have your baby super quick, and he/she will totally avoid cone head. Why didn't I know that years ago?

Everyone is wondering, but few have been brave enough to ask. I bet you're wondering too...what was the condition of the car after Rhiannon's birth? You may be surprised to read that it wasn't bad at all. Fortunately, my doctor was able to deliver the placenta at the hospital, so there was very little mess in the car. It WAS detailed before we went home. Hope you can rest knowing that now. :)

Since Rhiannon was born in the car, we've heard our fair share of jokes about it. A couple that have stood out: She was really red after she was born. A couple of people remarked that it was "rug burn". Nice, right? One of my mom's co-workers thought we should have named her "Flora" since she was born in the floorboard of the car. Everyone's a comedian...

A lot of people wonder if we'll get some kind of break on our hospital bill because our baby was born in the car. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we won't. They'll charge us just as they would have had she been born there. Bummer, right? One of the nurses remarked that the insurance company should pay me the delivery fee. That would be AWESOME! Wishful thinking...

A couple of days after the birth, I went Belk to get a shirt for pictures. I made some remark about my belly, and the Belk worker who was ringing me up told me, "Oh, don't worry. It will be gone in a couple of months." I said, "I hope so." A few minutes later, she asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. I told her, "Well, I actually had a baby girl two days ago." TOTAL SILENCE. The woman didn't say another word to me through the rest of the transaction. NOTHING. I don't know if she was embarrassed or what, but she didn't make another peep.

Ok, that's all I've got this week. My brain is kind of mush due to lack of sleep. How about you? Can you entertain my couple of readers? Sure you can. Share some of your random thoughts...pretty please??? :)

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Okay, it is just crazy that you are already back doing your weekly blogs. However, I was wondering just a few minutes ago about Random Thoughts. You see I encountered a lady in a restaurant wearing her headphones. Now we have all seen these, right? What is up. Is the music too good to put down? I need to hear that music!!!

Plus, I'm honored that I'm the one asking the questions that noone else will. I mean the first thing I thought of was how messy the car was. :-)

Jeremy and Michelle said...

The state of the car was one of the first things my husband commented about - I guess having watched 2 births he knows how I guess, messy it can be!
I was going to tell you how great you looked in Rhiannon's newborn pics and that your "huge" belly as you called it was all gone!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Hilarious about the car and Flora. Too funny.
And when I worked at our florist growing up, our number was one digit off from the Rent A Center. People would call, we'd tell them they had the wrong #, then when the phone rang back right away, we would answer, "Renta Centa". Oh good times at the old florist.
And you looked like you didn't have a belly at all in the pics. Hello??? I think that's not fair. But I'll let you have your flat belly for my epidurals.

AngelGirl said...

you look fabulous!!! the lady at the store WAS probably humiliated because she stuck her foot in her mouth!!! oh yeah- glad the car is good:)

Unknown said...

I wonder the same thing about the heels and did want to know about the car! Thanks for posting your random thoughts even though all your thoughts right now are probably random with no sleep! I think you have a grace period of at least two months after giving birth to have a belly, and I didn't see one in your pics anyway.
My random thought is why do so many services, like say DirecTv, give you super awesome deals to get you to sign with them, but then do diddly squat to keep you after your term is up? Think they would do more to keep you than they did to get you in the first place.

holly said...

thanks for clearing up about the floorboard...wondering that myself. As for the hospital bill, alex's bball coaches wife delivered on her way to the hospital and her doctor charged them the same as he would've since he delivered the placenta...not fair!

Donna said...

Annie- what a beautiful baby girl you have! I've been so behind on blogging- and look at you- back at it so fast! The birth story is amazing- you are the only person I've known that has had a birth on the way. Now I have a story to tell! Congratulations!!!!

Brandy said...

Thanks for answering the car question! Of course, I would never ask that BUT it is the first thing I thought of when I heard your story!