Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Heart is Full

Today I picked Tristan up from school, and he surprised me with a Mother's Day present. He wanted me to open it immediately, and I was happy to oblige. This is what was inside:
I LOVE it!!! The amazing thing is that God keeps leading me to Proverbs 31. I started a new Bible study a few days back, and God keeps teaching me from that chapter. I have so much I want to share about that but little time right now. Hopefully I'll do it soon! :)

Inside Tristan's folder, he had more goodies. This is what he handed me next. Isn't it precious?!
After I read the poem, I literally started to cry. Tristan said, "Mommy, if you love your present, why does your face look like that?" Too too sweet! This is what the poem says,

A Little Boy

His feet will always find a puddle,
his knees must rest in dirt.
And though you've changed it twice today,
he may need another shirt.

His hands alone don't show the grime,
but also cheeks and chin
He'll never know his sparkling eyes
reveal the mischief he's been in!

But when you tuck him in at night
and after prayers are said,
no greater joy than this to see--
pure innocence in bed.

And here is another super special gift. Mrs. Karen asked the kids questions about their mommies, and this is what Tristan said:
In case you can't read it,
It makes my mother happy when I poo-poo in the potty. My poor little boy! He knows me too well!
I love my mother because she takes me outside to play. Awwww....
My mother is 8 years old and weighs 28 pounds. THANKS, BABY!!!
My mother's favorite thing to wear is dinosaur shirts. Well...I would if I had one, I guess. I think that's a little wishful thinking on his part. Maybe if I wear them, I'll be cool in his eyes. What do you think, Fashionista?
My mother's favorite television program is commercials. The funny thing about this is that Tristan calls any adult show a commercial. He likes when the commercials are over so that he can watch his shows! :)
My mother's favorite food is vegetable pie. Ok, sure. I think he's talking about chicken pot pie.
My mother loves to go to the zoo. I sure do, especially with my favorite guys!!!

And here is my sweet boy. Tristan, I love you SO SO much! You, Asher, and Daddy are my true Mother's Day gifts!!!
And here are my two favorite little guys. What blessings you boys are!!! Thank you, God, for entrusting these special boys to me. May you lead me in all my days of raising them so that they will grow to be leaders in a world that begs to be followed.

11 comments:

The Hairstons said...

SO SWEET!!!

holly said...

how precious! I think you could definitely pull off a dino shirt...especially in your favorite color black!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Ahhh, that is adorable and so sweet. You are so loved.

Grethel Van Epps said...

that is so so cute Annie!!..

LeAnne said...

SWEET!! Ryan made one of those question Mother's Day cards and he said that I was 4. Thankfully there was not a weight question because lately Ryan likes to describe things as weighing 500 pounds. And - I LOVE THE POEM!!!! Isn't is awesome to have such adorable gifts to keep and treasure forever.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Annie! How precious! I didn't know you had a blog! I saw it on Holly's blog. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Annie! How precious! I didn't know you had a blog! I saw it on Holly's blog. I love it!!

Donna said...

Sweet stuff! That's so nice that they made you a bag on top of the poem and questions! Your boys are precious.

Kimberly said...

Awww you have such adorable boys! 28 pounds, you weigh the same as my 2 year old! :) A friend had the same thing from her boy, she's was said to weigh 102. Kids are so precious!

MorningSong said...

Precious!

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

I love that bag!

I am glad you enjoyed my coupons! :)

Have a great day!