Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Talk About a Gift...

...my boys LOVE the gift that Holly's friend, Mary, sent them.

This past weekend, I had the joy of celebrating Holly's 30th birthday with her and lots of her good friends. It was a surprise party in Tennessee and was a complete blast! From the ride up with my sweet friend, Ellen, to staying with and getting to know Lindsey's precious family, to the party and ride home, the whole event was so much fun.

One thing that really stood out and was so special was that Holly's friend, Mary, brought my boys (who she has never met, btw) a very special gift. Prior to the party, she emailed me telling me that she knew we just went to Disney. She asked me if we got any of the BIG foam dinosaurs while we were there (because she also knew that Tristan is a big fan of dinos). I told her we saw them but didn't end up buying any. Then she offered to give me the ones her kids had. She said they were too old for them now.

Isn't that awesome?! Mary had never met me or my kids yet so generously offered to search for and bring me a fabulous gift. I knew it from her emails, and it was confirmed in person, but Mary is such a kind-hearted and giving person. She was so great to Ellen and me and treated us like she's known us forever. I feel so blessed to have met her and so pleased to know that Holly has such awesome friends in Tennessee.

Thank you, again, Mary (if you're reading this). My boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these dinosaurs! Seriously, people, Tristan wanted to take them in the restaurant at lunch yesterday (I talked him out of it). They haven't left his side much in the day and a half that he's had them.

Check 'em out!Both boys LOVE the dinosaurs!
As you can see, Tristan even slept with the dinosaurs! He likes them that much. Now I don't know about you, but that red dinosaur is not something I would not like to have staring me in the face when I wake up in the morning!Dinosaurs...one more great addition to a fantastic weekend!

8 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

How sweet and thoughtful!

LeAnne said...

definitely a sweet gift...and very cool dinosaurs:)

AngelGirl said...

i love asher's galoshas (i have idea is that is spelled correctly!)

Brandi said...

That boy loves him some dinosaurs! How thoughtful of that sweet lady.

The Hairstons said...

Very thoughtful!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to tell her how much they love them in case she doesn't read this!!

Donna said...

How sweet and out of the ordinary- what a nice person! I know they are LOVING those dinosaurs- they are awesome. I'm so glad you and Ellen got to go see Holly- you all look so pretty- and she is so tiny to have just had a baby! WOW!

holly said...

LOVE MARY! Every day, she does something nice for someone. She is a true friend! And glad you got to know her!