Monday, April 7, 2008

Provoking Our Children to Anger

Hey everyone! The boys and I just got in from Disney World last night (I'll tell you all about that later. Right now, I'm just too exhausted). Anyway, I read a great post today and had to share! Delta Kelly and I both graduated HS the same year and entered Troy State at the same time. She is an inspiration to so many, and I always enjoy catching up with her family. She and her husband are leaders in a ministry in Montgomery, Al, and the Lord is really doing some amazing things through them in impoverished communities.
Check out this post from Delta about dealing with anger in our children. She shares a list of "25 Ways that Parents Provoke Their Children to Anger" that she learned about in the book "The Heart of Anger" by Lou Priolo. This post really challenged me and convicted me too. I learned ways that I am provoking Tristan to anger without even realizing it. I definitely plan to get this book so that I can learn practical ways to apply the Biblical wisdom that applies to anger and exasperating our children.
Read her great post and check out her family's ministry. I'm sure she will be an inspiration to you just like she is to so many others of us.

1 comments:

Delta Kelly said...

annie- what a sweet post! thank you! you are an encouragment to me as well. here's to trying to raise BOYS!!!