Monday, January 26, 2009

What is Going On Here?

For some reason, I don't know if they have a pact or something, but one of our three children (dog included) wakes us up every night. It's been like this for at least three weeks. They usually take turns. Two nights ago, it was Tristan. Last night, it was Asher. Nights before that, it was our dog, Flipper. What is going on?!? I mean, I'm prepared to be woken up every night once this baby is born, but with an almost five year old? An almost two year old? A dog who is eight?!? What in the world???

I'm ready for some peaceful sleep. Asher's room floor is no Serta, I'll tell you that. I was in such a deep sleep last night when he was crying, that his cry was incorporated into my dream, and I didn't realize it was real until I felt Channing get up. Channing said he went into the room, and Asher was standing in the corner of his crib...LAUGHING! He was ready to get up and play...at THREE IN THE MORNING! What in the world?!

I think Sundays mess him up because he's in church when he's usually napping, and instead of napping at 12, he has to wait until 2:30. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us who want to sleep peacefully on Sunday nights. :)

Oh well. This, too, shall pass. One day, I know I'll look back and miss these crazy random night wakings. For now, though, I'm a mama who is working hard on keeping in shape. I need to go to the gym, but I'm EXHAUSTED. Gonna go anyway, though. I need the workout.
My boys MUST SLEEP, I say! :)

How about you? How are you sleeping??? Hopefully better than Channing and me. :)

9 comments:

The Hairstons said...

I feel your pain!!!

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Very similar at the Allen household - I almost expect to be woken at 4 am by either john-mark needing to be rolled over and changed or the 9 year old dog, Charlie, wanting to go outside! And on the nights those don't happen james wakes up - he's always been my best sleeper but he must just be coming into dreaming or something because at least once a week it seems he wakes up screaming! I don't even know if I'm capable of sleeping a straight 6-8 hours anymore - but I know those first couple (between 10-12) I sleep pretty hard and usually don't hear much! Hope things calm down around your house soon!

Brandi said...

HC normally sleeps very well. Well, yesterday we lowered her crib because she is pulling up. Since the bumpers are such a hassle when we change sheets we decided to leave them off and see what happens. Well, what happens is HC throws her pacy out of the crib and jabbers until someone come and gives it to her. Normally the bumpers would have prevented this and she would have put herself back to sleep. Needless to say, the bumpers are going back on before bed tonight.

Brandi said...

Church nursery always messes us up too. Even though it is naptime, there is no way HC is napping there. Too many new kids to play with I guess!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Church nurserys are the bane of my weekend. Why do they never nap there? Harris was doing well for a while, but yesterday he didn't nap in the morning there AT ALL. He slept fine, though in the afternoon. And we go through weeks like that with kids, dogs and everyone taking turns sleepwalking. Whew! You can make it!

holly said...

sorry to tell you, i'm sleeping great! I think the good Lord is giving me a last few weeks of good sleep bf the babe arrives. I'll take it! just ignore them, they'll go back to sleep eventually...ha! jk

LeAnne said...

annie...i SOOOO feel you, girl! my kids are 3 & 4 and it has been weeks since ALL of us have slept all night! What's the deal?? i know that you already know this since last week i had a mini rant on your facebook status on the same issue:)TAHA!! maybe it will improve for everyone soon...MAYBE!!

The Greenfields said...

i'm with you friend. i think noah has slept through the night one time since we returned. he also decided that instead of 7:15(his wake time since BIRTH) he would start getting up at 6:15. no matter what we do, he won't sleep later than that. it's killing us! i go to be at like 8:30 so that i can handle his late night cries and early morning waking. i am guessing it's time for some hard core sleep training again but i guess i have to pump myself up mentally to handle the crying/screaming! not there yet...

mandy smith said...

i am with you girl! it was so good to see you tonight! You look amazing. I think about it when you were talking... how pretty you look...but I never got the chance to tell you.