Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Interesting Sign

As I was driving to work today, I saw this sign in the rear window of the car in front of me. It was so funny, I just had to share (and yes, I did take this picture while driving. I just had to!). Check it out:Whether you are a Democrat, Republican, or Independent...would seeing a sign like this make you change your stance? Kind of like the "evangelists" who stand on the street corners at football games and in New Orleans screaming, "Repent now or burn in hell!" Do these tactics work? Just asking? They don't really appeal to me but maybe they do to you? Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a pretty hard core conservative, so if the sign was reversed, it definitely wouldn't affect my views. But, since the sign is the other way around, I hope and pray it does change some people's mind...although I think it's totally ineffective! I also feel the same way about screaming preachers in the street! I'm sure they have great intentions, but they need to learn from the Master. Jesus taught in parables. He wanted to teach people important life lessons in a discreet way so that sceptics would listen and not even realize they were learning. He did it in love and with compassion...that never included yelling at people telling them they were going to burn in Hell. Jesus (the Holy Trinity) is the only one who has the authority to condemn anyone anyway, so why do people waste their time doing something that they weren't given authority to do anyway??? Sorry, it's kind of a HUGE pet peeve for me!

Brandi said...

I don't think it will change anyones views but it sure is funny!