Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Traditions...the Countdown to Christmas

DAY 1~Only 24 more days until Christmas!

Today begins day one of my posts sharing our family's Christmas traditions. My goal is to post one of our traditions each day leading up to Christmas...kind of like an Advent Calendar...which, coincidentally, happens to be the first Christmas tradition I am going to share.
Every year, we do an Advent Calendar with Tristan. This year will be the first year we do one with Asher too (I'm sure his favorite part will be eating the chocolates!). If you're not sure what an Advent Calendar is, let me fill you in... According to Wikipedia, "An Advent calendar is a special calendar which is used to count or celebrate the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas." The one we use has little boxes for each day with a piece of chocolate inside. Each box has a special message or picture that relates to Christmas.
To add to our Advent fun, my mom gave the boys an Advent book collection. So, we'll do the regular Advent calendar each day AND read a little book each day too. HOW FUN!!!

Today, we'll get started with our Advent calendars and our Advent books. Let the fun begin!!!

Stay tuned each day for more Christmas traditions. Feel free to share some of your own. Together, let's spread the Christmas cheer. Just say "NO!" to those who say "Bahumbug!". It's Christmas! The day, the season, we celebrate the birth of our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ. To me, there is no better time of year!

Merry Christmas all!

2 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

Hey Annie-it's Amy Kennedy-I am onen of your blog readers and I love reading what you write! What a great idea to share your Christmas traditions-I can't wait to read more. Your boys are precious. I would love for us all to get together sometime-I'll tell Nathan to call Channing soon! Take care and have a happy week!

annieck said...

Hey Amy! I was just thinking about you guys. We would LOVE to get together. Definitely have Nathan give Channing a call. :)