Monday, December 15, 2008

From the Heart

A couple of days ago, as one of my Christmas traditions, I posted about how the Christmas season can be especially tough for so many. I have a little more to share on this subject.

What some of us may not realize is that there are people all around us who are struggling, and we have no idea. We can't tell it by looking at them, we can't tell it by asking them. Many keep it bottled inside. So since then, I have been praying, and have asked that you join me, in asking the Lord to show me who I can help...whether it be with an encouraging word, an act of service, a prayer, whatever they may need that I can do to serve.

Today I was spending time with God and reading different things, and He led me to Ephesians. After reading this prayer, I felt like I should share it with you. This is a prayer Paul prayed for the church at Ephesus, and it is a prayer I prayed for myself, my husband and family, and for you. I pray that it will impact you as it has me.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all the generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~Ephesians 3:17-20

I emphasized "to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" because it's something I needed to be reminded of and something that God emphasized to me this morning. Maybe it's something you or someone you know needs to be reminded of, needs to be shown by the Holy Spirit. I don't know. What I do know is that this is something the Lord wanted me to share, and it's something that can provide hope to those out there who are hurting.

Let's take the knowledge we have and share it with those around us. Let's display the love of Christ through our actions and words. I pray that today you will grasp just how incredibly WIDE, LONG, and HIGH Christ's love is for you. I pray that you will live that love out. I pray that I will too.

Have a wonderful and blessed day! Only 10 more days until Christmas! Let's make these 10 days the greatest 10 days imaginable for all those around us!!!

0 comments: