Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday's Random Thoughts

Happy Thursday to you! I'm back for another weekly installment of my random thoughts...just strange and random things that have popped into my head this week. Some are more profound than others. I'm at the office and accidentally left my list at home. I guess I'll have to wing it. Here goes:
Tommy Tuberville resigned? What?! Did he really resign or was he forced out? Either way, I feel sorry for the guy. He had two less than stellar seasons, and everyone turned on him. Seriously, college football coaching has gotten out of control. I heard that Mississippi State is planning to pay their head coach more than two million dollars. I mean, it's MISSISSIPPI STATE for crying out loud! Ok, not every school is going to be a national championship school. I'm just sayin'...

I watched a show last night that I absolutely fell in love with. It's called "The Secret Millionaire", and it's the GREATEST! I cried through both episodes! I hardly ever get to watch t.v. anymore, but last night, Ash went to bed early, and my other boys were gone to the UAB game. It came down to cleaning (yuck!) or watching t.v. Obviously, t.v won. So I happened upon this new show. The is the basic premise...millionaires go into poor neighborhoods and live for a week, in the same conditions that others in the neighborhood live, they get to know the people in the area while pretending to be poor themselves. At the end of the six days, they choose people to donate money to. And not just any money. THEIR OWN MONEY. The millionaires who participate must donate at least $100, 000 of their own money. How cool is that?! They had the Canes (of Crazy Canes chicken, or something like that. I've never heard of the chain) on last night, and they donated $300,000 of their own money to people in Louisiana who were helping others. Ok, so I'm totally killing the description of this show, but be on the lookout for it. It is incredibly inspiring.

Has anyone seen the new Ebay commercial? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! It cracks me up! It's the one where the office workers are gathered to exchange their Secret Santa gifts, and one of the guys (Steve, maybe? Man! Wish I had my list!) gives his Secret Santa person a GPS. It is hilarious! Everyone starts calling him a rule breaker. It is seriously my favorite commercial right now. Ok, again...killed it. Be on the lookout, though.

It has come to my attention that I eat my oranges strangely. I don't think I eat them strangely, but apparently others do. I mean, doesn't everyone peel their oranges? They just don't taste the same sliced. And doesn't everyone make sure to peel ALL the white off? Sure. And...doesn't everyone peel the clear off too to get to the little bitty orange juicy pieces? That's totally normal, right?

Ok, so someone asked me about the pregnancy the other day and how things were going. I was telling them how I'm feeling better and how I haven't gotten into that "hungry stage" yet, but that I know it's coming. Then I started evaluating my recent eating habits. Hmmmm...yeah, um two full plates at Thanksgiving. A grilled ham and cheese, boiled egg, and oatmeal for lunch today. Yeah, so maybe I am in the hungry stage, I'm just in denial. SAD!

Being pregnant, I get really big. I do. I can't hide it, I'm not proud of it. It's just a fact. Thing is, I hate being told by everyone how big I am. I really do. I mean, does anyone like to hear that they're huge? Seriously? Anyone? Let me just give a little warning, you just might get punched in the nose if you tell me how huge I am or how much I eat. You just might. Ok, maybe not punched, but I really might get you in the sleeper hold. :)

Speaking of the sleeper hold, am I the only girl who was a HUGE wrestling fan as a child? I absolutely LOVED it. I was a Hulkamaniac. Anyone else? I mean, I remember when he got really hurt and was in the hospital. I SO wanted to send him a letter but never did. Strange?

I saw a show on last night called Traffic Wars or Parking Wars or something like that. It's hilarious. The whole show is centered around people getting parking tickets and how balistic they go over them. Seriously. I mean, who thinks of this stuff?!

Today I saw a license plate that read "ohsofoxy". This is the second time I've seen this particular car and license plate and knew I had to include it in my random thoughts. I mean, you have to have some serious confidence to put "ohsofoxy" on your car. I wonder what this "foxy" lady looks like (I assume she's a lady because she's always parked at the nail salon, and I knew men get their nails done, but seriously...a man? "Ohsofoxy"? Nah). Maybe I'll get and "Ohsofoxy" t-shirt made when I'm huge and pregnant. Surely I wouldn't get any stares or comments. Surely not.

Ok, that's all I've got. Any random thoughts to share? If so, don't be shy! Leave them in my comments section, or better

8 comments:

shlane said...

Barry saw a license plate that said *iatch (I left the B off). Who pays $$$ for that, and isn't there anything that screens these? I guess its not technically a bad word...

LeAnne said...

i knew it was gonna be a great Thursday random thoughts when I saw the Hulkster!! i will rarely admit how much i loved the Hulk Hogan as a child...my brother and I would record it on Saturday nights (because it came on at midnite) and we would watch on Sunday afternoons after church!! too funny!!

Oh...and I watch Parking Wars sometimes...it is HILARIOUS!! there are some REAL MORONS in this world, huh??? STOP GETTING TICKETS (and never paying them) AND THEY WON'T PUT THAT BOOT ON YOUR CAR!! I saw an episode the other day where they put a boot on a BIG red Coca Cola delivery truck...FUNNY STUFF!!

Rachael said...

Oranges...I also peel the white AND clear stuff off of regular oranges and tangerines because they taste sooo much better that way. I eat clementines just the way they are though because they are so yummy and sweet.

Eve said...

Okay, about oranges, that is exactly why I do not eat oranges! For me to like them I would have to peel all of the white, plus the clear stuff off and that is just entirely too much trouble to me.

Brandi said...

My mom, aunt, cousin and I made the hour drive over to Huntsville to see the Hulk, Macho Man, Andre the Giant and many others in person. It was AWESOME!!! I loved it. Now it is just trashy. Wrestling was way cooler back then.

Random thought: What is up with the memorials on people's car windows? I saw one yesterday that said, "R.I.P. Lil Hot". I'm sorry for your loss, but is it necessary on your car window?

annieck said...

Ok, so glad to know I wasn't the only Hulkamaniac out there. I LOVED wrestling. Brandi, how COOL that you actually got to go?! You got to see all the greats!!!
I agree about today's wrestling, though. Couldn't watch it if you paid me. It's just not the same as it was back in the day.

LOVE you guys leaving random thoughts. Totally makes my day.
Brandi, I often wonder that about the memorials on cars. There's one in our neighborhood that has like five on it, but they all died on different days. I still can't figure it out.

Sarah, seriously. What are people thinking??? Money for such tackiness. Baffles me.

Leanne, someone who's seen Parking Wars. I had never even heard of it! It is NUTS!!! :)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only crazy orange eater out there. I was made to feel like I was some kind of leper. :)

The Hairstons said...

My sister and I LOVED watching wrestling! We liked women's wrestling too. Do you remember the show GLOW? I think it came on Saturday nights. We stayed up late to watch it every week. My sister even dressed up like Tina Ferrari (I think that's right) for Halloween one year. Good stuff!

Jeremy and Michelle said...

ok - I'm totally with you on the orange eating; also loved wrestling - I watched it with my dad every Sunday but we watched maybe WWE or WCW? I loved Sting - Actually went to several "shows" with my dad and even sat on like the third row one time! I also watched GLOW but it kind of scared me. The first time I saw it I thought it was real and was really spooked.
Funny pregnancy story - you know sometimes you just forget you're pregnant? This was with my first pregnancy and I was still working full time and my girlfriend and I ran out to grab a quick bite at Chick-fil-A and I was REALLY hungry and ready for my sandwich, so I ordered, paid, and then moved to the side to wait for my order while she took my friends order. She handed me my drink and asked, "what are you having?" to which I obviously replied "A number 1 combo" She started cracking up laughing! All I had on my mind was my lunch!