Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Until Next Year?

Things have been so hectic around here the past few days, I've scarcely had time to breathe, much less blog.

While trying to get ready for Christmas, work, and everything else, I managed to come down with some awful virus, food poisoning, or something and spent all of Monday night losing everything I'd eaten and then some. Lovely picture, right? Yesterday was also a down day for me, and today, I finally feel like I'm beginning to recover. Thing is, I lost a whole day and a half. I'm SO behind! So today, I'm going to share a couple of our Christmas traditions, bid you a Merry Christmas, and take some time off.

On Christmas Eve, we all gather round and read the account of Jesus' birth in the story of Luke. It's a wonderful reminder of why we celebrate Christmas each year. Thank you, Lord, for giving us your Son!!!

Every year on Christmas (except last year because I had two sick boys), Channing's parents, brother and fiancee, and we have a big Christmas dinner at our house. We do it Christmas night, and it's always so much fun. We eat lots, sing Happy Birthday to Jesus, and open the remaining presents.

After Christmas (this is our second year going after Christmas, two years ago, we went the week before Christmas), Channing, his parents, the boys and I head to Highlands, NC for a week of relaxation in the mountains. It's a long trip but worth it once we get there. The sights are beautiful, the air is fresh, and it's just a great getaway. After Christmas, it's just what we need!

Well, those are three of our annual Christmas family traditions. I'll probably be taking some time off. You'll hear from me again in the new year, once we get back into town. Until then, please share some of your Christmas traditions, some of you random thoughts, etc. I may get around to posting some of those things between now and then, but yesterday and Monday taught me that I never know what may happen with my time. So if you don't hear from me, MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!!! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I hope you feel a million times better, get it all done and have a safe and wonderful trip!
Merry Christmas, my friend!

The Hairstons said...

Hope you are feeling much much better! Have a great trip and Merry Christmas!!! Kiss those sweet boys for me!

Brandy said...

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family, Annie! Have a great trip and enjoying relaxing with your prcious family. Maybe sometime we could get together on a mutual trip to the OZK!

Rachael said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Annie! Enjoy your trip!!!

The Hoppers said...

We are about 45 minutes down the road from you in Cullowhee. That's where Lawson's parents live. When you are in Highlands, go to Kilwin's and try some toasted coconut ice cream. I am trying to beg a trip there so I can get some, but so far, no one wants to go. It's the best chocolate store ever and has some of the most wonderful things to eat!!! Merry Christmas!