Monday, October 12, 2009

Asher's First Day of School

I know, I know. I'm WAY behind. I wanted to post pictures of Asher's first day of school anyway. They've gotta make it into his blurb book. Better late than never, right?

Here he is, my precious little school boy on his very first day. He is going to the same school Tristan went to for years. He was SO excited about getting started. Having to wait a month after his big brother started just didn't seem fair to him.He was super excited about getting started until it came time to go into the classroom. Then, the apprehension set in. He did well, though.
Here he is walking to his classroom:And with his new teachers (who I LOVE, btw! They do so much with the little two year olds and really seem to love them. What a blessing they are!!!): What made my heart melt was when I picked him up. He came running to me, voice loud, exclaiming, "Mommy, I had fun! I like my school!" That made my day.

I wish kids didn't have to grow up so quickly. If only I could freeze time... Since I can't, I'm just going to try to enjoy every milestone and every minute. I'll never get any of them back.

2 comments:

Sign4Jesus said...

Awwww.. he looks so adorable. Seems like he was just walking when we meet. Joshua loves school too. Thanks for the recommendation.

The Hairstons said...

Handsome little man! Tell him to stop growing so fast!!!