Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cleaning

I wish these people were at my house right now! That would be fantastic. Alas, they're not. It's just the boys and me.
So today I'm cleaning. Well actually, right now I'm taking a break. I tend to do that a lot when I clean. I take lots of breaks and gear myself up to go back to the mess. I really wish I enjoyed cleaning. You know, actually, I don't mind the cleaning part, it's the organizing and putting things away that I dislike. I just lack that organization gene. It is absolutely not there for me, not with my home, anyway. If I teach school, everything is in its place. Very organized. My coupon notebook, the same way. But for some reason, I struggle with that at home. We just have SO much stuff...junk, if you will. Some days I just wish I could throw EVERYTHING away. What to keep? What to toss? For some of you, it's a no brainer. For me, it's so tough. Too, I struggle with staying on one task. I often start one thing, like say, putting away the dishes in the dishwasher. Halfway through, I'll go work on laundry, halfway through that, I'll decide to clean the shower. I do that ALL day. Stuff gets done, but I don't take things one task at a time. Is that weird? Does anyone else do that?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23

That verse was just a little reminder for myself. My little pep talk. Now I'm heading back to the shower to scrub, scrub, scrub! Well anyway, that's a little insight into my Saturday. Hopefully yours is much more exciting!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I clean the exact same way... it's very frustrating. Try sticking to one room at a time and when you catch yourself wandering out of that room, concisously go back and work on it.

I'm bad about making piles to go through later. I just disperse the junk.

I am getting rid of ALL of it. very soon. starting over.

Good luck!!!

M.S. said...

hey girl, I am catching up on your blog... I can totally identify. There have been times that I wonder if I could possibly be the most unorganized person in the world. And NOW...well you can imagine!

annieck said...

Thanks, Tricia! I really need to do that! I think I would get a lot more done that way. :)

Mandy, I am ready to meet those boys! I am going to bring you dinner soon so I can see you all! :) Oh, and I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one missing the organization gene! :) Ha! See you VERY soon!

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23

dear Lord, PLEASE let me permanenetly plant this verse in my head!

and to top it off, i have developed a severe case of memory loss and ADD since giving birth to two children. i can't remember where or what i'm cleaning half of the time and i constantly skip and switch from one room and project to the next. i can't get anything completely done. i'm SO glad that you have a touch of this as well!