Monday, July 7, 2008

CVS $5.00 4th of July Challenge

My boys and I spent our holiday weekend with my family in Ozark. While I was there, I gave some CVS tutorials to my parents and sister. They were definitely intrigued. My sister was so curious, she decided to go on my fourth of July shopping trip to the fabulous store. Check out what I got:I got all this in two transactions.

First Transaction:
2 Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen $4.99 each ($9.98 total).
I used $7.99 in ECBs
Total Cash Out of Pocket: $2.17, and I earned $10 in ECB!!!
I spent $2.17 and saved $7.99!!!


Second Transaction:
2 CVS pantiliners $.99 each (1.98 total)
2 CVS tampons $1.49 each (2.98 total)
4 Sure deodorants $2.69 each (I used 2 coupons for B1G1 FREE and 2/$1 off coupons)
1 CVS Makeup remover wipes $2.99 each (I used a CVS coupon for $2 off)
I used my $10 in ECBs from my first transaction
Total Cash Out of Pocket: $1.93, and I earned $11.96 in ECBs
I spent $1.93 and saved $17.38!!!

So for my 4th of July CVS trip, I spent a total of $4.10 in cash and saved $25.37!!!
AND I went in with $7.99 in ECBs and came out with $11.96! YEA!

Also, I know a lot of you CVSers got email coupons for $4 off of a $20 purchase. I got that too, but I actually saved more money by doing two transactions than by using that coupon. Woo hoo!!! I LOVE CVS!

Oh, and I had an AWESOME CVS guy who was SO helpful! He actually only took one of my B1G1 free and one of my $1 off coupons for the Sure deodorant and doubled them so that I could use my other coupons again. YEAAA for him!!! CVS guy, I feel certain you don't read my blog, but if by some strange coincidence you do, THANK YOU!!!

Check out Alyssa's blog to see what others are getting for $5 or less (this is her challenge)!

1 comments:

Brandy said...

I really admire your paitence with this CVS shopping! You ROCK!