Friday, April 3, 2009

Facebook Fridays

Welcome to my first ever edition of "Facebook Fridays". This is something new I am going to try for a little while. Here's the deal:

Every day as I'm scrolling through Facebook updates, I see all kinds of things. I see hilarious updates, silly updates, pointless updates, annoying updates, gross updates, educational updates. I see people who update their statuses every five minutes (no joke, people). It's just funny. I mean, some people post things on their status updates that I feel sure no one wants to see. Then others post things that crack me up.

The object of "Facebook Fridays" is to highlight some of these updates I see. Each week, I will evaluate the previous seven days of updates, choose one, and share it with you. I will pick one that stands out. It may stand out because it's funny, pointless, annoying, gross, or educational. You will have to figure out which one it is. I won't share why I have chosen the update I have chosen, I will simply give you a Facebook update for the week. Also, I will not share who made the update. I want to protect my friends' privacy, of course. :)

Here is this week's update (in all honesty, it was taken from a couple of weeks ago. I just had to share):

People should not sit naked and read the paper in the gym locker room.

Have you come across a unique FB update this week? If so, PLEASE share! It would make my day!

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Okay...this is a FABULOUS idea!! i have to wonder what some people are thinkin' when they update their FB status. i also have some friends that update with just about every breath they take:) the one you shared this week is HILARIOUS...and i'm gonna have to agree with it!!

Brandy said...

I agree with this fb update! It sounds just like something my hubby would say! He can NOT understand why one guy at the gym wals around the bathroom naked ALL the time!

Brandi said...

I think the status updates is the only reason I love facebook. They fascinate me. I have seen one, that was apparently cheated on by his wife/ex-wife and continually put scripture about adultery in his updates. This lasted everyday for at least a month. Maybe it was his way of dealing but wow, wasn't ready for that.

Rachael said...

So funny! I saw that status update too and it's so true, huh? FUNNY!

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Great facebook post! I don't think anyone should do anything other than quickly getting dressed in a dressing room. Where I used to work out a lady always stood blow drying her hair in the buff - really - is that necessary? I wasn't an athlete so maybe I don't get the whole "hanging around the locker room naked" thing.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Too funny!!
Those 5 minute updaters need to switch to Twitter. I think they would be more with "their own" there! Love this idea!

The Hoppers said...

Hey girl! I want you to know that I always see Channing and your boys at church, but never you? Where are you hiding? I figure we need to meet. Sounds like an internet date!!!

LeAnne said...

hey annie...i'm passing along a blog award to you! read about it on my blog:)