...my wonderful husband.
I really do have the best husband out there. Sorry, ladies, just how I feel. Channing has got to be the most patient, forgiving, honest, and kind person out there. I'm not kidding. I mean, the man has put up with me for 10 years. And if you know me well, you know that's not an easy feat.
Some things I love about Channing:
- He's super patient. I can always count on that. No matter what has happened over the years, he has always handled it with grace and patience...my former high spending (I had to have a cool wardrobe, right?), my tantrums, the kids' tantrums, prayers, finances, my slow (VERY slow) quest to become a Proverbs 31 woman...you name it. He has been so consistently patient. I know the Lord must be so pleased!
- He's funny. He keeps me cracking up. Early in our marriage, any time I would get upset with him, he would make jokes and get in my face until I laughed. He still does stuff like that. He just has a sense of humor that I get and appreciate. I love how he rolls with my jokes around my family, how he gets overly touchy with his brother (just to freak him out), how he can find humor in the little things. I just love it!
- He's a great dad. When it comes to being a father, he is AMAZING. He loves his boys, and it is so evident. He is patient with them, makes sure to go out of his way to spend quality time with them, and he listens to all their jokes and watches all their showing off. "Daddy, watch this!" He's a great leader and example for them. I am so proud to have him as the father of my children. My boys and I are so fortunate!
- He loves the Lord. He never misses an opportunity to spend time with God. He puts his trust in God, when I often choose to stress out first. He studies the Word and makes leaps and bounds in growing in spirit and in truth daily. He is a shining example of Christ's love, and I know a very special reward awaits him in heaven.
- He is a servant. Channing goes out of his way to help others. Whether it be the boys or me, his parents, family, patients, strangers, Channing is kind and compassionate and has a heart to help others. He doesn't choose what is easiest or most convenient for him, rather, he looks at the other person's needs. What a rare quality these days!
- He is a good friend. When it comes to my life, he's the best. I know I can always count on him, I can always trust him, and I can always count on sound advice from him. With some friends, you have to be a certain way, say a certain thing, weigh every word, but not with Channing. I can be open and honest with him. I know that I'm not being judged by the things I say to him.
- He's a hard worker. Over the past five years, I have seen him do what it takes to make his business work. He is such a diligent worker, and providing for his family is a priority for him. I am so thankful for that.
- He's caring.
- He's fun.
- He's challenging.
- He takes his time (don't we all need to slow down sometimes?).
- He loves.
- He doesn't complain.
- He looks for the positive in most situations.
- He's a great doctor.
So today, I am thankful for my Channing. How about you? Who/What are you thankful for today?