Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Month of Thanks

Earlier, on a break from one of Tristan's shows, the network said that we are in the month of November and that this month is a month of thanks; a month to think about what we're thankful for. At first, I didn't think much about it. "Oh, that is really nice. I'm glad they're pointing that out to the kids." As the night has gone on, though, I have really evaluated my life and just really thought about how incredibly blessed I am. I am, I am so incredibly blessed.

Each day this month, I am going to share something I am thankful for. Today, I'm going to kick it off with a blanket list. So here goes:

I am so thankful for God's grace, love, and mercy. He doesn't treat me as my sin deserves, but rather he loves me with agape love. He loves me despite my faults and sees the good in me. How awesome is that!

I am thankful for my family. I can't say enough about my husband and my boys. They are my life. I look forward to sharing ways that they enrich my days. When it comes to them, I could go on and on.

I am thankful for my amazing friends. God has truly blessed me with some of the greatest friends this planet has to offer. I have friends from every stage of my life who have stood the test of time and are always there for me. Oh how I love them!

I am thankful for this wonderful country I live in. Despite economical problems and election craziness, this is the still the greatest country on the planet. I am proud to be an American!

I am thankful for fall weather. What a FABULOUS time of year! The changing leaves, the cool weather, the football...

I am thankful for college football. Yes, I said it. That's right. I'm a southern girl, and I love me some college football, y'all!

I am thankful for electricity, air conditioning, heating, the refrigerator...things people in other countries don't have; things I take for granted every day.

I am thankful for God's testing. Oh, man! It's ROUGH! I'm not going to lie. However, I know that if I make it through these tests, I will grow in character and wisdom and will be blessed. Can't beat that! Thank you, LORD!

I am thankful for great writers who offer their insight, their wisdom, their creativity. Where would I be without my books?

Ok, this is just a warm up. I look forward to sharing more about what I am thankful for, each day as I work my way through November. I would love to hear some things you're thankful for! Take this time to reflect on all that you've been given. I think it will brighten your day just like it has mine!

2 comments:

The Hoppers said...

I am thankful for friends who have great blogs that make me laugh and think and just enjoy being on the computer!!!!!! I am also thankful that Tim Tebow plays for Florida!:)

annieck said...

Tim Tebow is SO awesome! I just can't help but love him, even though he and his gators stomped all over my hubby's team. I LOVED seeing his Bible verse on his face. What a great leader and example for Christ he is!