Friday, November 7, 2008

It's November 7, and I'm Thankful for...

...Asher feeling better (I wish I had a picture of my little man, but my computer is so prehistoric, I can't upload one from home) :(.

This has been a long couple of days. On Wednesday, Asher woke up from his nap with a fever. He spent the rest of the day in my lap. Thursday brought much of the same, with one bout of getting sick (I think you know what I mean). Today, he is much better but has developed a rash all over his torso. I'm thinking he's got roseola (it's very common, so common that 90% of kids get it by the age of five) but not sure. There's not much the doctor can do for roseola (or fifth disease, if that's what it is), so we're just going to monitor him. From what I've read, once the rash appears, he is no longer contagious (good thing he spent the past two days in my lap!).

Today, I am thankful that he is feeling better and more himself. It's so sad having a sick kiddo. Thankfully, this is only the second time, in his 18 months of life, that he's had anything other than a cold. Praise the Lord!

What are you thankful for today?

0 comments: