Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's November 5, and I'm Thankful For...

...my new deep freezer. Well, it's not actually new, just new to me (the picture above is not actually ours. It's a picture I got online. Ours looks a lot like it. I'm just too lazy to take a picture of it and upload it. Pathetic, I know).

God is just SO good. One morning a month or so ago, I was out walking, and I saw a neighbor with a deep freezer for sale. I thought to myself, "I sure wish I could buy that. I really need one, but now just isn't the best time." Sadly, I resigned myself to the fact that I was just going to have to wait...even if it was a good deal.
Later that afternoon, I saw my super sweet neighbor (different neighbor), and she asked me, "Annie, do you have any need for a deep freezer? We have one in our garage, but we need a new refrigerator, and we're going to move our old one to the garage, and we need to get rid of our deep freezer. Would you have any use for it?"
Oh my goodness! This sweet lady had NO idea that I was just wishing I'd had one. Is God great or what?!
I told her my story and that I would be thrilled to have it. She said, "Well praise the LORD! Someone needs it!"

So now, Channing and I are the proud owners of a stand up deep freezer, and it was totally and completely free. A gift from my super sweet neighbor and my God, who truly cares about every area of my life...even my food storage. What an incredible blessing!!!

During this uncertain time, it is so important to take notice our blessings. So what are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

YAY!! That is AWESOME!! I don't know what I would do without our deep freezer!

I love your month of thankfulness. Even in these times that leave us feeling uncertain, we have so much for which to be thankful! We still live in the greatest nation on earth and I'll join you in prayer for our nation and President-elect Obama.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay for you! I just love stories like that :)