Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Daily Need

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
For some, it's coffee. For others, it's a 5 mile jog. Yet others have the need to press snooze on their alarm clocks at least 10 times. In order for me to have my daily fix, my jump start, I have to have my daily time with God and His Word. I really have to have it. When I don't, and there are days when I get too "busy", I begin to whither. By day 2, I start feeling stress and worry creep in, and by days 3, 4, or 5, I get completely stressed, tense, and depression sets in. Seriously! Ask my family.
Knowing this and having experienced these feelings time and time again, you would think it would be easy to set aside time to spend with God. Seems easy enough. Yet there are so many times when I just convince myself I have too many other things to do. Why is that? I haven't a clue. However, I am trying to turn that around. I am making daily time with God and His Word a daily part of my routine, and I can see, feel, smell, hear, and taste the difference. My life isn't perfect, there are still problems but because of God's Word and Truth, I refuse to focus on the problems. Rather, I focus on what His Word says is true. It is a load off my shoulders!
I am still continuing my Faith study, and this is my Faith verse of the day:

(Jesus speaking) "Make use of the light while there is still time; then you will become light bearers." TLB

That verse just jumped off the page for me. It reminded me that we still have time to put our trust in God and to lead others to Him. I want to make sure I do that. I don't want any regrets. I want to be the lone lamp on the dresser that brightens the darkest of rooms. Am I there yet? Nope, but I am striving for it. By the grace of God, I will continue to do so.

1 comments:

MorningSong said...

So true!! Why don't we realize the importance of God's Word on busy days. What messes we create as we turn away from His guidance to our own!!

Thanks for the reminder, I am with you on needing my daily dose of Faith!!

Blessings.