Wednesday, November 7, 2007

One good laugh deserves another

I have to share this. For those of you who know me know that if anyone (and when I say anyone, I really do mean anyone) falls down around me (and by "falls down" I mean: stumbles, trips, wipes out, falls on their face, etc.), I'm going to laugh. I don't want to laugh, really I don't, but it just comes out. It's kind of like a disease or something. As soon as it happens, my laughter just flies out. It's uncontrollable. I have laughed at the most awful times. I mean, people get hurt but my body doesn't seem to notice. My mind is saying...don't laugh, don't laugh, that really hurt, but my body just laughs. It's embarrassing, really. I'm serious...it's a problem. My grandmother fell at a football game a month ago, and I had to turn around so I wouldn't laugh in her face. And let me tell you, it WASN'T funny. She was hurt and bleeding. Like I said earlier...embarrassing.
Well anyway, last weekend we went to the Georgia/Troy game. At the end of the game, I was walking down the stadium steps holding Asher when out of nowhere, I feel someone hit me...and hit me HARD. I felt like a football player who had just been blindsided by a defensive end or something. That's when it happened...I fell! Not only did I fall, I fell holding Asher and into a man's lap! Now if that wasn't hilarious! I mean, it was ME that fell and I was holding a baby, and I still found it hilarious.
While it was funny and I was laughing, it was embarrassing to be laying in some guy's lap while holding my six month old. I turned around to look at who would tackle a woman with a baby, and I see this guy (a pretty big guy) just continuing to walk up the steps like it never even happened. I don't know if he purposely tackled me because I was wearing Troy colors or if it was because he was drunk, but it had to be one of the two. I mean, the guy hit me hard. It was wild!
Nevertheless, it was funny. It brought a good laugh to me and hopefully to others. I'm sure there were those nice people who didn't laugh and didn't find it funny because I had a baby. I was not one of those people. I found it hilarious and disturbing all at the same time. :)

0 comments: