Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Faith Study Continued

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Today while continuing my faith study, I came across a couple of great verses that I want to share.

We boldly say that we believe [trusting God to care for us*], just as the Psalm writer did when he said, "I believe and therefore I speak." 2 Corinthians 4:13 TLB

The next one is one of my very favorites and one that God brings me to over and over again. I'll share my two favorite interpretations of it:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 NIV

So I pray for you Gentiles that God who gives you hope will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in Him. I pray that God will help you overflow with hope in Him through the Holy Spirit's power within you. Romans 15:13 TLB

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines hope this way:
1: to cherish a desire with anticipation trust
1: to desire with expectation of obtainment
2
: to expect with confidence


Romans 15:13 is not only my prayer for myself but also for you. I pray that God will fill us with hope, that we will desire with expectation of obtainment and expect with confidence. I pray that He will keep us happy and full of peace in all our circumstances. I pray that by His Spirit we will have joy and that we will be a light for the world.
Christ suffered for us. He intends for us to have life and have it to the full. He doesn't want us to spend our time worrying about things we cannot change. Today I am choosing to believe in God and on Him; to trust in Jesus and to believe that what He says is true. I hope and pray that you will too.
God bless.

0 comments: