Monday, August 25, 2008

4K, Here We Come!

Tomorrow is Tristan's first official day of 4K (four year old kindergarten for those who don't know the lingo). ;) He is SO excited. He has literally been counting down the days (and hours) until school starts.

Last Friday, we went to the school to meet his teacher and see his classroom. We were all impressed. Tristan's teacher is super sweet and seems eager to see the kids learn. As a mom and teacher, I LOVE that! She seems to be very organized and gave us a list of the objectives the kids will be learning between now and December and then between January and May. Again, I was impressed.

I can't tell you how much it warms my heart to see that Tristan has a teacher who genuinely seems to love children and seeing them learn. You would think that would be a prerequisite in order to teach, but sadly, it's not. Through the four and half years he has gone to school, we have had a couple of teachers who seemed to not enjoy their jobs. That always made me sad, and I even thought about pulling him out of school a couple of times. Each time I decided to do so, God would show me that Tristan was in the best place. He would even send "helper teachers" that would balance the others out.

Tristan's class this year is also full of friends. He has several of his friends from his previous years of school, as well as a super sweet kid we love from his soccer team, and one of his oldest friends from our neighborhood. He really has a great group of sweet kids this year. Praise God!

So tomorrow's the first day. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

YAY for Tristan!!! My kids don't start back until next week...but we are excited too!! It does a mommy's heart good to have a wonderful teacher. I'm sure it will be a fabulous year...both for mom and Tristan.

Oh, yeah...i did my own blog makeover. FUN!!!!

The Hairstons said...

Tell T-man to enjoy his first day!!
We start tomorrow too. It seems like summer went by too fast. I got used to having my little man with me every day. =(