Friday, February 22, 2008

Asher Art

I love, love, love this storyboard! It was done for me by Amanda Traywick at Precious Memories back in December. She captured my little Asher and his personality perfectly!

She also did my in-law's Christmas cards this year. My mother-in-law wanted a picture of the three grandkids together, and Amanda did a great job. The card turned out beautiful! The fact that she got a beautiful picture out of the three kids was admirable considering each child has his/her own agenda.

Back to the storyboard...I just think storyboards are the coolest things! Prior to seeing one Amanda had done for our niece, I had never seen or heard of them. So, needless to say, when I saw my sweet Asher's pictures, I had to have my very own (now my mom wants one too). They're just so unique! I was able to pick the pictures and whatever I wanted to have the board say. I chose the verse where Asher's name came from. That made the board extra special.

Poor Tristan, when I brought Asher's home, he asked me where his was. Sadly, I didn't have one made of Tristan because he only had one, maybe two good pictures in the bunch (not because of Amanda but because my son totally changes when a camera comes out. He changes from the vibrant, happy child he is to a frowning, hiding, shy person. It completely stresses me out. I just don't know how to fix it/him when it comes to having pictures done. I can't even get him to smile or be happy for me when I take his picture. Now, I will say that some people who saw Tristan's pictures really liked them, but knowing him as well as I do, I know that he wasn't being himself. It's just tough to capture his personality on film. Grethel of Grethel Van Epps Photography is probably the person who has come the closest. She actually caught some great moments of him on film. Thanks, Grethel!). Anyway, I hope to try again with Tristan so that he can have a beautiful storyboard, just like Asher.

I just sit in awe and amazement at the different artistic giftings that people have. People think of things that would never even cross my mind. I must say, I wish I had a little of that. Since I don't, I'll just marvel at the work of those of you who do. You keep the world beautiful (with God's help, of course).
Thanks, Amanda and your wonderful staff, for a beautiful piece of art!

5 comments:

The Hairstons said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Amanda is so talented! Her pictures are amazing!

MorningSong said...

What a precious keepsake! I love stuff like this!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

He is just beautiful and so sweet. You are blessed indeed Annie!

Les

annieck said...

Aw, thanks!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness annie- that is so gorgeous!! i love it!
rachel