Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Don't Know Why It Works...


but it does. I vaguely remember reading last year that, on the onset of a cold, you should put a couple of drops of peroxide in each ear. By doing this, it will help prevent and/or make the duration of your cold much shorter. I know it sounds crazy, but I read it again this week on mercola.com (GREAT, GREAT website. Check it out). As you probably know, if you've read my blog or if you know me personally, my family and I avoid medication when and if possible. I am proud to say that neither of my boys have ever had any medicine (ok, Tristan has had Orajel and Neosporin; however, if you've read my blog, you already know that). Anyway, it is the belief of my husband and me that medication is for emergency purposes and, for some people, to get "over the hump". We believe medicine is grossly overused and is the reason for so many health problems today. We don't think God ever intended for us to use medicine as a way of life, as a crutch for every day living and with every ailment that comes our way. Ok, sorry to go off on that tangent. It's just kind of a passion of ours. Back to the peroxide...
So I read about the peroxide in the ear again this year and decided to try it. On Thursday, I started getting the sniffles, and with the crazy bouts of flu this year (Aren't you glad you got that flu vaccine?! Ha!), I thought I would try the peroxide (every little bit helps, right?). I did a few drops in each ear on Friday, and guess what? The sniffles are gone! Seriously...I don't have a clue why it works. It just does!
Next time you or your kids start getting a cold, drop some peroxide in the ears and see if it works for you. Studies show cough medicine doesn't work. So why not try something natural? It couldn't hurt.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Hi Annie-
Its Brandy(Rice)Wynn. I found your blog lasat night-your boys are soooo precious! What a lucky Mom you are! I am so happy for you-it looks like life is great your way! I started a blog too-check us out:
brianbrandyandannabelle.blogspot.com

MorningSong said...

What a great idea!! Do you warm the peroxide or use it straight? I know I remember my parents using peroxide a TON more than I use it today. I always put it on a q-tip when I wanted to clean my ears. I loved the sound of the bubbling and I felt clean. I wonder if that had anything to do with my not being sick?? Not down the eardrum but just at the edge? Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

Rachael said...

I have read that, but still have not tried it. Hmmm....very interesting!

annieck said...

Morningsong, I don't warm it. I just soak a q-tip in peroxide and let it drip into the ear. I told Tristan we were going to hear rice krispies in his ears. He thought it was really cool. Then, he wanted to do it for his daddy. Fun for the whole family! ;D