Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Going for Five

I have big news. Are you sitting down??? My Asher has slept through the night FOUR NIGHTS IN A ROW!!! I know what you're thinking...big deal, the kid's nine months old! For me, it's a HUGE deal. For the past several months, he has woken up once a night (several times when we were away from home) for a quick snack. While my nights with him haven't been nearly as tough as my nights with Tristan were (at nine months, he was waking up more than once a night), waking up night after night after night gets tough after several months (a year and a half if you count the lack of sleep when I was pregnant).
The funny thing is, the first night he slept all night (Saturday night), we had been at a friend's house, and she asked me if I was going to stick to my plan of not feeding him during the night anymore now that it's February. I kind of hem hawed (sp?), "Well...I mean...yeah, I think...we'll just see how it goes." That very night, he slept ALL NIGHT! Amazing! Asher saved me from having to eat my own words. Thanks, Ash!
Tonight, I'm going for five. I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

The Hairstons said...

YAY Asher (& mommy!!!) What a big boy to be sleeping through the night! I'm so proud of you!

Ole Miss Mom said...

GO ASHER!!! It's feels so good when you get sleep too!