Monday, February 11, 2008

A Season for Everything

The past few weeks have been kind of hard for me. I'm really not sure why. For some reason, I have allowed myself to get down, to see the negative side of most things, and to feel sorry for myself. It doesn't make much sense. I am blessed beyond measure. I have a wonderful family...a husband who loves God, me and our boys, two beautiful boys who are healthy and happy and lots of fun to be around. I have fantastic friends, I'm healthy, I have a roof over my head, and food in my tummy (probably too much!). I have a God who loves me despite my many faults. I mean, the list goes on. I just had a birthday and have celebrated it with a few different groups of very special people. Yet, I still don't feel like myself. We have a lot going on with work, now that I'm back in the office...with both boys. I'm sure that, combined with not getting enough sleep, is wearing me out. It makes the words of Shawn McDonald's song "Free" really come to life for me:

I feel like the weight of the world is all - crashing down on me
And some how I just don’t believe this how - it is suppose to be
And all this expectation on - the way I’m suppose to live
Becomes my minds distraction - with nothing left to give

You said your burden is light and your load - is no more
You said your ways are right and in you I would soar

I want to be free - free to dance and free to sing
Free to live and love and free
Oh, free to be me

I feel like my heart is being beat - down into the ground
In you I’m longing for some peace - to be found
I know the heaviness that’s - making me cold
Is stealing my youthful soul and - making me old

You said your burden is light and your load - is no more
You said your ways are right and in you I would soar

I want to be free - free to dance and free to sing
Free to live and love and free
Oh, free to be me

I know this is just a season for me. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." This is what I intend to do.
I know tomorrow will be a better day. :) However, while I am still in today's day, I will rejoice! "Today is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it." I am so thankful for every moment I'm given. I'm doing my best not to take any single day for granted. Some days, I am able to do better than others.
I am normally a happy person, so ignore this little bump in the road. Sunny days are ahead!
Jesus warned us that in this world we would have troubles. However, He also reassures us with His victory from the grave. He has overcome the world!!!
Ok, enough rambling. I'm going to bed! Maybe if I went to bed a little earlier every night, I would feel a little more cheery every day. You think? ;D

0 comments: