Friday, December 7, 2007

Blessings Abound

You may have read my post a couple of days ago about an impulsive decision that I made that affected not only me but also my family. If you did, then you probably also saw the next post where God took me to Ephesians and pointed out that my sins are blotted out...in other words, He had forgiven me. Praise God!
Well, the story doesn't end there. I never shared what I did on my post, and I still think I'll keep it to myself, but I will tell you that God showed up in a BIG way. He worked through a wonderful, wonderful person to bless me in a way that I never expected. Long story short, my impulsive decision was not only erased but was also blessed above and beyond what I ever could have expected. I know this probably doesn't make much sense, but let me put it to you this way.
John 1:16 says From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.
I didn't deserve this blessing. I didn't ask to be blessed in the way I was blessed...I never could have imagined that I would be taken care of in the way I have been. However, I am SO grateful to God and to "A" for their amazing and unbelievable generosity.
Guys, God is SO good, and He has filled the earth with loving, kind, and compassionate people. I really don't know what else to say. The words are just not coming together to express the kind of gratitude and the emotion that I'm feeling. Yesterday, when I found out the blessing that awaited me, I bawled and bawled. I had trouble with my words then, and they don't come any more easily today. I am beside myself with appreciation.
Thank you, God, and thank you, "A".
People, God does love you, and He is listening when you're talking to Him. Please don't lose sight of that. His ways are not our ways, and you never know when He has more planned for you than you would have ever thought to ask for.
God is good.

0 comments: