Friday, December 14, 2007

A Day of Plans Unraveled

Our family has had today planned out all week. We were going to get up early, head to Atlanta to see Channing's grandmother who is in the hospital, and then we were going to make sure to make it back in time to attend the live nativity at Briarwood Church. That's been the plan all week.
Well today arrived and had other plans for us. First off, Channing woke up feeling under the weather, so he was in no shape for traveling 2- 2 1/2 hours. Not only that, but he didn't need to be around his grandmother and potentially cause her more problems by getting her sick. So we decided to stay home. As much as I wanted to see Ma Ma (Channing's grandmother), I was kind of excited to be home because Tristan and I have been planning to make ornaments for a few days, and it hasn't worked out. Today was our chance (I'll post more about that later)! We made lots of ornaments and had lots of fun!
All day long while making ornaments, we've excitedly awaited our opportunity to attend Briarwood's live nativity, especially since tonight was the last night. We were able to attend a live nativity last year in North Carolina, and Tristan absolutely loved it. He still talks about it to this day. They had live camels, and he just thought that was the absolute coolest thing. Anyway, I know I got off on a tangent, but we were really excited about this live nativity.
I started getting ready early so we could be near the front of the line at the church. I got about half way done getting myself ready when I notice Tristan....sleeping! Oh no!!! I couldn't believe it! Tonight was the last night to go to this great event, and Tristan was sleeping right through it. At that point, I gave up. I realized that despite my best laid plans, sometimes things go a different way. Oh well. We'll always have last year's memory.
Tomorrow is a day full of big plans again. Hopefully those plans will go as scheduled. Tristan and I will start our day at our church's Angel Breakfast. We will rush from there to Channing's office to help him with a report. From there, we plan to zip over to see Santa (Boy is Santa busy tomorrow! In our town, he's scheduled to be at Wal-Mart, K Mart, and our office's parking lot all at the same time! He's AMAZING!). After our Santa visit (and annual photo op), we'll speed home to put the boys down for a nap so they won't wake up cranky for the birthday party we have at 4:00. After the birthday party, we'll have dinner with MiMi and PaPa (Channing's parents).
Can you say BUSY?! If we can get all those things accomplished, I will be so proud of us. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm going to try to get up SUPER early to catch a sale at JC Penney. I have one last thing to get Tristan for Christmas, and I'm really hoping they have what I'm looking for...Superman Pajamas with the detachable cape. They are out of his size online (which I wouldn't want to order at this point anyway), and I'm really hoping the store has some. I don't know why I didn't search for these earlier. I am such a procrastinator!
I hope you have a fabulous Saturday! I hope all your plans work out. :)

0 comments: