Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gingerbread Party

Yesterday was a fun day for Tristan and for me...it was the day of the Gingerbread Party at his school. This is something they do every year at his school for the kindergarten classes. Every child in kindergarten invites one person to come to school to help them decorate a candy gingerbread house. I was the lucky one yesterday! :)
It was so much fun! The picture above is of Tristan in the beginning stages (Look at those big doe eyes. Doesn't he look so innocent?). The picture below is a close up of the progression of the house. Yum!
Asher got to come to the party too. He was so patient, although he was really focusing on that candy!

Here is Tristan putting his finishing touches on the house.
This is the face I get when I tell him to smile for the camera. Lovely, isn't it?
And WALA! The finished project. Hansel and Gretel better steer clear of our yummy house!
Here is Tristan with the completed home. I know he looks less than thrilled, but he really had a great time!
And of course, I couldn't leave the church without trying to get a good Christmas shot in front of some of the beautiful trees. Here is what I got:
And another one...

Needless to say, getting a picture of both my boys looking at the camera at the same time is like MacGyver trying to make a house out of a matchstick. It's tough work! Don't even get me started on trying to get a smile. Whew! You photographers have your work cut out for you when it comes to my boys!

3 comments:

The Hairstons said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

annieck said...

Morningsong, I got your comment, but for some reason, it erased instead of posting.
Thanks for your encouraging words!

annieck said...

Ok, I'm a little slow today. You left the comment on my OTHER post. Hello Annie!