Sunday, December 9, 2007

Miracle Tablets


You see this picture? You're looking at Hyland's 100% natural homeopathic teething tablets, or as I now like to call them...MIRACLE TABLETS. You see, my sweet little Asher used to go to bed easily. It made me so proud. At bedtime, I would feed him, say prayers, lay him down, and he would go to sleep. Occasionally he would cry for a minute or two, but he would quickly fall asleep. For me, this was a HUGE accomplishment because Tristan had to be rocked or nursed to sleep every night when he was a baby. Finally, I had a baby who would get himself to sleep.
A month or two ago, this all ended. I would put him to bed, and he would cry and cry. It has been terrible. I've struggled on how to handle it. If I rock him or nurse him to sleep, he won't learn to get to sleep on his own. If I leave him to cry, he will sometimes cry for two hours at which time, I end up picking him up anyway. I didn't know why he started this or what was going on. Then a pearly white tooth showed up. Then after another week, another showed up. Then last night after his bath, I started feeling around his top gums. Low and behold...another tooth! The poor little guy has gotten four teeth in a month and a half. That's rough! I read somewhere that a baby's teething pain is equivalent to an adult's migraine headache. OUCH!
Since we like to avoid medication as much as possible, we choose not give our boys Tylenol or Advil or whatever parents give their kids. We opt for more natural remedies. Anyway...
I put Asher in bed last night, and it started...he screamed and screamed. At that point, I knew I couldn't let my baby suffer another night. I jumped in the car and headed out on my search for the teething tablets. I checked K Mart...no luck. My next stop was Walgreens...THEY HAD THEM! I got the last box! Woo hoo (last week, I checked Wal-Mart and Target...no luck)!
I rushed home, put one under his tongue, then another, and one more. Guess what?! A miracle happened. The sweet boy fell asleep! Not only did he fall asleep, he slept until 4 a.m.!!!
Thanks, Hylands!!!
Oh, and after church today, I saw that Asher is not only getting one tooth up top....he has TWO coming in!
We're going to keep Hyland's in business! :)

3 comments:

The Hairstons said...

Poor Asher! I'm sure it is painful. We had teething tablets with Sam but I don't think it was the same brand. They didn't work as well.

annieck said...

Yeah, they didn't work with Tristan either. With Tristan, I dissolved them in water, and with Asher, I put them under his tongue. I don't know if that's what made the difference or if they just worked for Ash and not for Tristan. I don't know the answer, but I do know that I'm so grateful! :)

MorningSong said...

Those tablets ARE the best!!! They also have something similar for tummy aches. We used the tummy ones with JB and they worked wonders! I hate giving the kids medicine too!!

Glad you found the problem. That can be exhausting!

Blessings.