Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ornament Fun


Friday was a fun day! As you can see in the picture above, Tristan was really excited. The time had finally come to make Christmas ornaments! I found this recipe on a flyer from Lifeway Christian store. The picture above is of Tristan preparing to get started. In the next picture, he's unwrapping peppermints for the ornaments.
He quickly got a bowl full and was ready to move on to the next step.
While creating his masterpieces, he had to indulge himself in a few peppermints.
Here he is laying out his design.

This was our first tray to bake.
This was our next one. See how some of the designs got a little more creative? The one on the bottom left was Tristan's watergun.
Here they are after baking. I accidentally left this batch in a little too long. Ooops!

Here is Tristan, proudly displaying his finished watergun ornament.
And here is our first finished Christmas wreath ornament. Notice the old picture of Tristan. Yeah, umm...I kind of haven't made it to Sam's to pick up my more recent pictures. Oh well! It will get done at some point!Overall, we had a great time. I'm glad we finally got around to making these. It was worth the wait!

6 comments:

dev said...

What a fun project! What temp is the oven and how hot? Any other tips? I wonder if you can use other candies. This is the perfect use of all that un-eaten Halloween candy! :)

Ole Miss Mom said...

VERY CUTE...do they keep for forever??

annieck said...

Preheat the oven and bake the ornaments at 250 for 5-7 minutes or until they start melting together. Then take them out, let them cool for about 10 minutes, and remove with a spatula. Lifeway said you can use any time of hard candy, so go for it!
As for them keeping forever, I doubt it. I'll probably pack them up, but I don't know what to expect next year. They're kind of sticky, and they break very easily if dropped.
Tristan had fun with it, though, and they turned out pretty cute. We're going to be giving lots as little Christmas gifts with the boys pictures in them. :D
Thanks, Ladies!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie! I found your blog-yeah! Rach keeps saying how she loves it, so I had to check it out. Did the girls come over to make some ornaments the other day? Looking forward to seeing you tomorry! Leslie

annieck said...

Hey Leslie! I MISS your blog!
We ended up canceling the playdate at the last minute, so Tristan and I did it on our own.
Looking forward to seeing you in an hour or so!

MorningSong said...

SO adorable!!!!!! I will definitely have to try this!!! What a cute idea!