Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Savior Lives

I thought I would share a few verses that spoke to me during my faith study today.
Hebrews 10:38 "But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." NIV
I CHOOSE to live by faith because I want to please God.

Hebrews 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. NIV
I CHOOSE to put my laziness aside.

Ephesians 3:12 Now we can come fearlessly right into God's presence, assured of His glad welcome when we come with Christ and trust in Him. TLB
I CHOOSE to approach God like a child approaches her daddy. I'm still in awe that it's that easy.

Our family has gone through some trials lately, but I know God has a plan. I think Aaron Shust says it best in his song My Savior My God:

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior loves, my Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God He is
My God is always gonna be

This song is one of my absolute favorites. If you have never heard it, I encourage you to check it out. It's a really beautiful song that speaks volumes.

0 comments: