Saturday, December 1, 2007

Go Tebow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's true...I'm a huge Tim Tebow fan. Despite the fact that he turned Alabama down to go to Florida, I still dig him. He's an outstanding player; amazing, really. And now Tebow is a favorite in the Heisman race. Oh, and did I mention he's only a sophomore?! If you know anything about college football, you know that this is a big deal.
Tebow seems to have had a very stable and admirable upbringing. His dad is an evangelist who sends Americans to the Philippines to preach the gospel. Tebow himself was homeschooled, which to me is amazing because he is such a phenomenal athlete (please forgive me for stereotyping homeschoolers. "Outstanding and athlete" aren't two words that used to come to mind when I thought of homeschoolers. Tebow is proof that kids who are taught at home can play sports well too.~ Believe me, homeschool moms, I know that sounds bad, but I'm just being honest. Since coming to Birmingham, I've learned that all homeschoolers don't fit into that stereotypical model that so many think of. As for homeschoolers and sports...Go JB!!!). Back to Tebow...
I would love to see him win the Heisman this year. Despite Florida having a less than stellar season, Tebow holds the conference record for rushing touchdowns in a season (22). He's also passed for 29 touchdowns, the first major college quarterback to do so. He plays in the most competitive football conference, yet he was still able to achieve so much. So again I say..
GO TEBOW! And...props to all you homeschooling moms out there. ;)
This year, my vote for Heisman goes to TIM TEBOW!!!
And yes, all this Tim Tebow talk is coming from a Bama fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is where we differ. I want McFadden to win it. May the best person win :-)

annieck said...

Yes, yes Miss Tracie. We shall see. ;)